Dear [FIRSTNAME] [LASTNAME],
We expect students who are admitted to online IB courses to reflect the qualities of the IB Learner profile at all times while participating in the course. IB learners strive to be: inquirers; knowledgeable; thinkers; communicators; principled; open-minded; caring; risk; takers; balanced; reflective. As you can appreciate, in an online environment it is especially important for students to be principled and caring in their use of information technology and in upholding the IB standards of academic integrity.
Pupils are asked to read, agree to and follow the terms of this agreement. By clicking on Agree you, the student, are agreeing to this Code of Conduct. You may discuss this agreement with your parent / guardian. Any concerns or explanation you need can be discussed with the school Site-based Coordinator.
- I will fulfil my online IB student responsibilities by:
a) keeping pace with my online course of study according to the Pamoja Education academic calendar
b) forecasting my weekly workload and organizing my time accordingly at the start of each week
c) accessing my online course regularly throughout each week
d) using the time provided to me in my school timetable to access and participate in my online IB course
e) completing assignments promptly
f) contributing to discussions and participating in group activities to the best of my ability
g) accessing and reflecting upon my online teacher’s feedback
h) communicating with my online teacher and SBC on a regular basis, especially when I need assistance
- I will uphold the standards of academic honesty as defined by the International Baccalaureate and documented in the Pamoja Education online IB course.
- I will respect the privacy and ownership of others’ work on-line at all times.
- I will only log on to the Pamoja Education learning platform with my own user name and password.
- I will follow my school’s ICT security system and not reveal my passwords to anyone and change them regularly.
- I will make sure that all communications with my Pamoja Education classmates, teachers or others is responsible and sensible.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using the Internet. This includes resources I access and the language I use.
- I will be responsible for reporting to my online teacher any abuse or inappropriate behaviour in the Pamoja online community
- I will uphold my school’s Acceptable Use Policy for ICT. I will respect my school’s policies for online safety and not deliberately browse, download, upload or forward material that could be considered offensive or illegal.
- If I accidentally come across any such material in my course I will report it immediately to my Pamoja Education teacher.
- I will not give out any personal information such as phone number or address, nor will I arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a school project approved by my teacher.
- I understand that images of pupils and/or staff are only to be used for Pamoja Education purposes in line with Pamoja Education policy and will not be distributed outside the Pamoja Education learning platform without their permission.
- I understand that all my use of internet technologies associated with the Pamoja Education learning platform can be monitored and logged and may be made available to my teachers and Site-based Coordinator.
- I understand that these rules are designed to promote safety and academic success for me and my class-mates and that if they are not followed, sanctions will be applied and my parent/ guardian may be contacted.
By clicking on Accept I, [FIRSTNAME] [LASTNAME], confirm that I have read this document and agree to follow the Pamoja Education Code of Conduct.
Related Documents - Policy - Student Protection
Body Text version 1.1